Vitaliy Katsenelson is the CEO of a value investment firm IMA, author of two books on investing, and a recently published non-investing book named “Soul In The Game”. Known for his uncommon common sense, Forbes magazine called him "The New...
Vitaliy Katsenelson is the CEO of a value investment firm IMA, author of two books on investing, and a recently published non-investing book named “Soul In The Game”. Known for his uncommon common sense, Forbes magazine called him "The New Benjamin Graham."
Vitaliy loves to read, listen to classical music, play chess, and write about life, investing, and music.
- Coming to America from Soviet Russia
- How movies shape perception
- Two frameworks to understand the mind
- Programming yourself with the words you use
- The Thinker and the Prover
- Abracadabra—I create as I speak
- Four modes of communication
- Not letting an idea become your identity
- Writing about both sides of the argument
- Reality is nuanced
- Depersonalize your arguments
- A mathematical formula to determine outcomes
- Table cloth model of investing
- Event, Judgement, Reaction framework
- Reframing your worries away
- Is the USA still the best place to be for talented people?
- Elon Musk’s distinctiveness
- Favorite classical composers
- Opera as a plunger for the writer's block
- Introducing kids to classical music
- The best financial advice Vitaliy ever got
- Can money buy happiness?
- Experiencing self vs. remembering self
- Traveling is an antidote for monotony
- Going outside your myopic circles
- “The Gateway Drug to Classical Music” playlist
- And MUCH more!
- Soul In The Game; by Vitaliy Katsenelson
- Think Again; by Adam Grant
- Influence; by Dr Robert B. Cialdini
- The Wealthy Barber; by David Chilton
- Gödel, Escher, Bach; by Douglas Hofstadter
- How to Win Friends & Influence People; by Dale Carnegie